Thanks to everyone for their patience and notes of support as I try to figure out my new world in RL. A quick update for all of you:
1. Viglet was born on May 7 – and is a happy and healthy infant. (Who’s sleeping a lot today, giving me time to blog!)
2. I’m now a stay-at-home dad, and have been since the beginning of July.
3. Viglet takes a LOT of my time, as he should. And the baby comes first.
4. With next to no time, and I even took a few weeks off of SL cold turkey at one point, I decided to get out of the gallery ownership business. I wasn’t DOING anything with the place, and Phinn’s photography – while GORGEOUS – was a reminder to me that I needed to get moving. Because Viglet comes first, I decided to quietly close Second Arts gallery.
5. In the same vein, I couldn’t justify the tier I was expending on Second Arts and sold the property. Rad Andretti, the new owner, has ownership of my Second Arts building (Why trash it? It’s still a nice build.) and apparently is going to be continuing it as a gallery. I believe that he will be focussing on avatar portraits.
6. I purchased a much smaller (and lower tier!!) property in Bay City-Molesworth. I plan on building a small residence there. No galleries, no sculpture gardens…no, none of that. Just a place to hang out, tinker with photos and prims, and hopefully host a few friends on occasion.
7. The Second Arts blog is going strong due to the masterful writing of Nazz Lane. He is all over the Second Life arts scene, offering quick snapshot overviews and more detailed profiles of some of Second Life’s more prolific artisans. But I don’t have to tell you – readership on that blog is just about as high as it’s ever been.
8. I think Rezzable’s “BuilderBot” concept is crap, pure and simple – especially because they have code which will let them poach other people’s creations WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION. Now Rimbaud suggests that they won’t release that particular code, but they have it, nonetheless. What’s to say that the company’s ethics stay as strong as they portend to be right now? And shame on Linden Lab for making this abomination possible – their code has to be leakier than we want to imagine.
9. I think Prokofy Neva’s blog rocks. I don’t necessarily agree with everything stated, but an articulate contrarian is hard to find.
10. I’m around a little more than I would have thought these days, but just so darned inconsistently that I can’t commit to anything. Also, I am not able to devote large blocks of time and have to go offline at the drop of a hat. With the limited time at my disposal, I hope to hit a few shows (love that inworld music scene!), get to an art exhibit or two (gotta support Nazz’s great work) and build the “Palais d’Vig.”
That’s all for now…signing off! Hope to see you inworld!