You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Bay City’ category.
Thanks to everyone for their patience and notes of support as I try to figure out my new world in RL. A quick update for all of you:
1. Viglet was born on May 7 – and is a happy and healthy infant. (Who’s sleeping a lot today, giving me time to blog!)
2. I’m now a stay-at-home dad, and have been since the beginning of July.
3. Viglet takes a LOT of my time, as he should. And the baby comes first.
4. With next to no time, and I even took a few weeks off of SL cold turkey at one point, I decided to get out of the gallery ownership business. I wasn’t DOING anything with the place, and Phinn’s photography – while GORGEOUS – was a reminder to me that I needed to get moving. Because Viglet comes first, I decided to quietly close Second Arts gallery.
5. In the same vein, I couldn’t justify the tier I was expending on Second Arts and sold the property. Rad Andretti, the new owner, has ownership of my Second Arts building (Why trash it? It’s still a nice build.) and apparently is going to be continuing it as a gallery. I believe that he will be focussing on avatar portraits.
6. I purchased a much smaller (and lower tier!!) property in Bay City-Molesworth. I plan on building a small residence there. No galleries, no sculpture gardens…no, none of that. Just a place to hang out, tinker with photos and prims, and hopefully host a few friends on occasion.
7. The Second Arts blog is going strong due to the masterful writing of Nazz Lane. He is all over the Second Life arts scene, offering quick snapshot overviews and more detailed profiles of some of Second Life’s more prolific artisans. But I don’t have to tell you – readership on that blog is just about as high as it’s ever been.
8. I think Rezzable’s “BuilderBot” concept is crap, pure and simple – especially because they have code which will let them poach other people’s creations WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION. Now Rimbaud suggests that they won’t release that particular code, but they have it, nonetheless. What’s to say that the company’s ethics stay as strong as they portend to be right now? And shame on Linden Lab for making this abomination possible – their code has to be leakier than we want to imagine.
9. I think Prokofy Neva’s blog rocks. I don’t necessarily agree with everything stated, but an articulate contrarian is hard to find.
10. I’m around a little more than I would have thought these days, but just so darned inconsistently that I can’t commit to anything. Also, I am not able to devote large blocks of time and have to go offline at the drop of a hat. With the limited time at my disposal, I hope to hit a few shows (love that inworld music scene!), get to an art exhibit or two (gotta support Nazz’s great work) and build the “Palais d’Vig.”
That’s all for now…signing off! Hope to see you inworld!
Apologies for taking so long to write. It’s been a wild time in my RL existence, rooted in the birth of my first child – Viglet for my SL friends – on May 7. This has been a wonderfully exciting time in RL, but it’s wreaked havoc on my SL. So I guess it’s time to face facts.
I’ve already closed my Plurk account as it’s an incredible time sink. Now, I’m going to go on hiatus from my two blogs, this one and Second Arts. I hope to make the hiatus temporary, but I think it’s for the best as I adjust to being a father.
On Second Arts: Please keep checking in over there, as Nazz Lane is offering perhaps the best and most consistent coverage of the arts community in Second Life. Since he showed up, I have been simultaneously impressed at his blog entries and shamed at mine by comparison. Please give Nazz the support his work deserves.
In addition, my inworld time has been significantly curtailed. I hope to get back in on occasion but can’t make any commitments at this point. I want to finish the Make Him Over Hunt – a strange obsession since opening on June 1 – and I hope to redevelop my Second Arts photography property in Bay City-Tanelorn. Not to mention keep up with my inworld friends, with whom I have been incredibly negligent.
So that’s it for now. Be good, all. I hope to be back soon.
Great machinima by Marianne McCann:
Enjoy the parade in Bay City this weekend! More on the parade and Bay City’s anniversary celebration is available on Mari’s blog.
Just got this today in a group notice for the Bay City Alliance group (a really nice group, promoting events and activities in the Bay City sims):
[SUBJECT: Age Verification Info Center]
We have created an Age Verification Info Center with basic information about age verification, in addition to ZONES where you can verify if you can access parcels with Age Verification or Payment Info On File turned on. LM enclosed.
For practical (and cost reasons) the zones are outside the Bay City SIMs as parcels there cannot be subdivided, making it impossible to create the 16 sq m verification zones.
For Bay City PD, Gavin Hird.
Did I miss something? Did Linden Lab drop a midnight policy change on us? I’m so confused…